As a R&D Technician for the Nanucellulose (product) team you will be doing 80% lab research work which are a lot of different test however for most of them all procedures/protocols are written out. The lab research tests are based for
20% out of Pilot Plant, 10% from info from benchmarking and 70% from the R&D Engineer department.
Although it looks a lot like routine the test continuously change due to change of solvents and techniques therefore you need to adapt. Write new test protocols is also a part of this position. Besides this all you need to do data analysis and present you're result and give advice to your colleague(s) (PhD Researchers).
Key result areas:
- Research under supervision to physical and chemical mechanisms in order to simplify and optimize the current technology
- Ability to quickly learn and operate lab equipment
- Execution of analysis according to Standard Procedure and interpretation of the results.
- Methods development under supervision and implementation of the methods to the routine analysis
- Collaborate in the investigation of new methods to characterize CMF/CNF adapting the protocol to new products or to pilot scale production.
- Knowledge of handling chemicals in a safe manner.
- Flexibility in supporting the research teams and the pilot plant.
- Ability to work in short-term projects as well as long-term ones and switch between tasks and to handle abrupt changes in the project.
- Bachelor (Bsc) with a Analytical Chemistry background (chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science);
- a hands-on mentality, who's very pro-active, willing to learn but is also familiar with (lab) analyse/ characterization techniques; GPC, HPLC, pH- measurement, UV-Vis, FT-IR, 1D NMR, titration, zeta potential, conductivity;
- preferably knowledge and hands-on experience on (nano)cellulosic materials;
- industry experience is preferred but not a necessity;
- ability in providing reports, following organizational and planning directions in a reliable way;
- very dedicated and precise who has good planning and organizational skills;
- since we are developing very fast within our group, flexibility and adaptation to a dynamic environment is essential.
Uren per week
Kloosterraderstraat 20, 6460 AC Kerkrade
Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)45 – 56 39 800